LaFarge Cement NA
Daniel Scarpine and Windward’s Scott Tobiason were engaged to develop a solution to resolve regulatory issues associated with storm water management at a cement production facility.
- Conducted comprehensive site assessment of storm water drainage and process water infrastructure
- Prepared a comprehensive process water management plan including storm water segregation
- Conducted bench and laboratory tests to identify treatment technologies
- Selected and mobilized a leased EC system
- Conducted field pilot study of EC system including sampling plan and sample collection and handling
- Conducted bench tests of residues solids of re-use and recycling alternatives
- Prepared sire record drawings from field inspection
- Prepared a storm water treatment Engineering Report
- Led construction management and commissioning effort for temporary system installation including conveyance and electrical design
- Engineering technical author for SWPPP, O&M Manual, final permit documents.
- Successfully segregated all process water, wastewater, and storm water
- Unconditional agency approval of Engineering Report and SWPPP
- Treatment system consistently meets benchmark effluent goals.
- Project was constructed on-time and within budget